1. Physical path over which message travels is called _________________ .
2. In _______ transmission mode, the channel capacity is shared by both communicating devices at all times.
3. In a ______ connection, two and only two devices are connected by a dedicated link.
Point to Point
4. ______ refers to the physical arrangement of a network.
5. A _______ is a data communication system within a building, plant, or campus, or between nearby buildings.
6. _______________________ address is associated with Local Area Network.
7. Set of mutually agreed upon rules that governs data communication between two devices is called_____________________.
8. Performance of a network depends upon___________________
Capability of Software
Efficiency of Hardware
Number of users
All of the above
9. The frequency of failure of a network is a metric for __________________ of a network
10. ________ is a collection of many separate networks.
Local area network
Wide area network
Storage area network
11. In Standard Ethernet devices can be arranged in ________________ and _____________________ topology
bus , star
bus , ring
ring , tree
12. Operating a color TV with remote is an example of __________________________ transmission.
Point to point
13. Transfer of data between keyboard and CPU is a ____________________ transmission mode
14. WhatsApp application is an example of
15. _______ refers to characteristics: when data should be sent and how fast it can be sent.
16. Communication between a computer and a keyboard is example of ______________ transmission mode.
17. A television broadcast is an example of __________________ transmission mode.
18. Performance of a network is a measured of ____________________
transit and response time from one device to another device.
frequency of network failure
robustness in a catastrophe
energy consumed per unit of successful communication.
19. Reliability of a compute network is ____________________________________________________
the frequency of network failure. More is the failure less reliable is the network.
the measure of time taken by the network to recover from the failure.
the robustness in a catastrophe.
All of the above
20. Key elements of protocol are _________________________ .
syntax, semantics and sequencing
syntax, semantics and routing
syntax, semantics and timing
syntax , security and timing
21. The key functions that a protocol performs are :
All of the above
22. In this topology there is a central controller or hub
23. A ____________ topology is multi-point line configuration
24. Which of the following topology do not use point to point configuration ?
25. Three or more devices share a link in ________ connection
peer to peer
point to point
26. Bluetooth is an example of___________________
virtual private network
body area network
personal area network
local area network
27. Two devices are said to be in a network if
same process is running on both devices
a process in one device is able to exchange information with a process in another device
both of the above are correct.
none of the above is correct.
28. Which of the following is not the possible way of data exchange ?
29. What does a protocol defines ?
Protocol defines what data is to be communicated ?
Protocol defines how data is to be communicated ?
Protocol defines when data is to be communicated ?
All of the above is correct
30. Which of the following is not a type of computer network?
Local Area Netowrk
Wide Area Network
Remote Area Network
Metropolitan Area Network